This large warrior appears heavy and solid, with chiseled, angular features that make her look almost like a statue brought to life.
Oread CR 1/2
Speed 20 ft.
Melee longsword +3 (1d8+3/19–20)
Ranged composite longbow +4 (1d8+2/×3)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +0)
Oread sorcerers with the elemental (earth) bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and class abilities. Oread clerics with the Earth domain cast their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
Oreads are defined by class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice. Oreads have the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Oreads are strong, solid, stable, and stoic.
- Darkvision: Oreads can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Spell-Like Ability: Magic stone 1/day (caster level equals the oread’s total Hit Dice).
- Energy Resistance: Oreads have acid resistance 5.
- Earth Affinity: Oread sorcerers with the elemental (earth) bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and class abilities. Oread clerics with the Earth domain cast their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
- Languages: Oreads begin play speaking Common and Terran. Oreads with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Aquan, Auran, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Ignan, and Undercommon.
Environment any land
Organization solitary, pair, or team (3–5)
Treasure NPC Gear (leather armor, longsword, composite longbow with 20 arrows, other treasure)
Oreads are humans whose ancestry includes the touch of an elemental being of earth somewhere along its line, often that of a shaitan genie. Oreads are strong and solidly built, and prefer wearing earth tones that match the coloration of their flesh and hair—shades of gray, brown, black, or white. In rare cases, oreads’ stone-like traits are so strong as to leave no question as to their nature, with growths like rocky outcroppings protruding from their skin or hair like crystalline spikes. Oreads tend to be stoic and contemplative, slow to anger but terrible when roused. Outside of combat, they tend to be quiet, dependable, and protective of their friends.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2, © 2010, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Graeme Davis, Crystal Frasier, Joshua J. Frost, Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, James Jacobs, Steve Kenson, Hal MacLean, Martin Mason, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor, and Greg A. Vaughan, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.