This red-skinned, demonic humanoid has a forked tongue, and a pair of black horns sprout from its brow.
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk scimitar +6 (1d6+2/18–20), claw +0 (1d4+1/19–20) or 2 claws +5 (1d4+2/19–20)
Ranged mwk composite longbow +5 (1d8+2/×3)
Special Attacks sadistic strike, sinfrenzy
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd; concentration +5)
Str 15, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 14
Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 16
Feats Deceitful, Power Attack
Skills Acrobatics +7, Bluff +10, Disguise +10, Intimidate +8, Perception +7, Sense Motive +7, Stealth +7
Languages Abyssal, Common; telepathy 30 ft.
Cambions excel at causing pain and anguish. Cambions always treat any weapons with which they attack (including natural weapons and spells with attack rolls) as if they had the Improved Critical feat for the weapons.
Every cambion carries an excessive capacity for one of the seven classical sins, determined at the moment of the cambion’s birth and depending on the nature of his humanoid parent’s greatest sin. Once per day for a number of rounds equal to his Hit Dice, a cambion can embrace his sin and enter a frenzied state as a free action. While a cambion is in this frenzy, his land speed increases by 10 feet and he gains a +1 bonus on Reflex saves and attack rolls. These bonuses do not stack with those granted by haste or similar effects, but if the cambion has at least 1 level in the class listed for his specific sin, the sinfrenzy grants an additional effect.
- Envy (cleric): Cambion clerics covet the gods’ power. When they are in a sinfrenzy, their channel energy effect increases by 1d6.
- Gluttony (alchemist): Cambion alchemists enjoy drinking extracts, potions, mutagens, and even poisons. When they are in a sinfrenzy, their bombs deal an additional die of damage.
- Greed (rogue): Cambion rogues are obsessed with gathering wealth and power. When they are in a sinfrenzy, cambion rogues deal an additional die of sneak attack damage.
- Lust (bard): Cambion bards seek to dominate and control others, turning them into slaves. When cambion bards are in a sinfrenzy, the bonuses granted by their inspire courage, inspire competence, inspire greatness, and inspire heroics abilities increase by 1. The save DCs of their bardic performances also increase by 1.
- Pride (wizard): Cambion wizards believe their magic is the greatest. When they are in a sinfrenzy, their spell save DCs increase by 1.
- Sloth (fighter): Cambion fighters bleed slowly. When entering a sinfrenzy, they gain 2 temporary hit points per Hit Die that disappear when the sinfrenzy ends.
- Wrath (ranger): Cambion rangers attack with savage hatred. When they are in a sinfrenzy, their favored enemy bonuses increase by 2.
Environment any (Abyss)
Organization solitary, pair, gang (3–7), or cult (8–13)
Treasure NPC gear (studded leather, masterwork scimitar, masterwork composite longbow [+2 Str] with 20 arrows, other treasure)
When an incubus procreates with a humanoid in the Abyss, and the mortal parent resides on that plane throughout the pregnancy, the gestating child absorbs enough Abyssal energy to be born not as a half-demon, but as a type of humanoid demon known as a cambion.
Cambions are true outsiders. The majority of cambions have red skin, horns on their heads, and cloven hooves for feet—the fiendish aspects of cambions’ appearance don’t range as widely as those of tieflings. A typical cambion stands 6 feet tall and weighs 190 pounds.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 5 © 2015, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, John Bennett, Logan Bonner, Creighton Broadhurst, Robert Brookes, Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Thurston Hillman, Eric Hindley, Joe Homes, James Jacobs, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Ben McFarland, Jason Nelson, Thom Phillips, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Alistair Rigg, Alex Riggs, David N. Ross, Wes Schneider, David Schwartz, Mark Seifter, Mike Shel, James L. Sutter, and Linda Zayas-Palmer.