This creature is a monkey-like man-sized humanoid with sapphire blue eyes and greenish-brown leaves covering its body.
Kech CR 3
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee 2 claws +6 (1d4+1 and bite +6 (1d6+1)
Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d4+1)
Str 13, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 11
Base Atk +5; CMB +6; CMD 19
Feats Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility
Skills Climb +17, Perception +11, Stealth +14 (+20 in forested areas), Survival +9; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, +4 Stealth (+10 in forested areas)
SQ pass without trace
A kech can move across any ground–ice, snow, mud–without leaving any footprints. Tracking a kech by nonmagical means is impossible.
Kechs have racial Hit Dice and can have class levels. Kech characters possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom. Kechs are dexterous and hardy jungle survivors.
- Base speed: Kechs’ base speed is 40 feet. A kech has a climb speed of 20 feet.
- Darkvision: Kechs can see in the dark up to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Racial Hit Dice: A kech begins with five levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 5d10 HD, a base attack bonus of +5, and base saves of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A kech’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Kechs have a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks and a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks. Due to their coloration and leaf-like skin, kechs have a +10 racial bonus on Stealth checks when in a forested area.
- Racial Feats: A kech’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: A kech is automatically proficient with simple weapons.
- AC: Kechs have a +4 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Kechs can fight with 2 claws (1d4) and a bite (1d6).
- Special Attacks: rend (2 claws, 1d4+1-1/2 times Str modifier)
- SQ: pass without trace (see left)
- Languages: Kechs begin play speaking Kech. Kechs with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following bonus languages: Common, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan.
Environment any forest
Organization pack (2-5) or band (2-8 plus 50% noncombatants)
Kechs are monkey-like humanoids standing about 6 feet tall and weighing about 150 pounds. They make their homes in trees and prefer to move through the trees rather than on the ground. They have an almost human organization and society among the various tribes and clans. Family units dwell in a single lair (usually a hollowed tree or small hut built among the branches of a leafy tree). The kech has leathery skin that on first glance resembles a covering of leaves and foliage.
Kechs attack from ambush, preferring to ensnare their prey in pits, traps, or the like. If faced with a weak adversary, they attack with a frontal assault, seeking to kill as quickly as possible. Slain prey is dragged into the kech’s lair and devoured at the creatures’ leisure.
Kech from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Gary Gygax.