This creature looks like an ape with brownish-black fur and yellow eyes with black pupils.
Dakon CR 2
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +6 (1d6+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Dakons have racial Hit Dice and can have class levels. Dakon characters
possess the following racial traits.
- +10 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Wisdom: Dakons are powerful but possessed of wisdom.
- Large size: Dakons are Large and have the following adjustments –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Stealth checks, +1 bonus on CMB/CMD, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
- Base speed: Dakons’ base speed is 30 feet. A dakon has a climb speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Dakons can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A dakon begins with two levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 2d10 HD, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saves of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: A dakon’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 2 x (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Dakons have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks.
- Racial Feats: A dakon’s monstrous humanoid levels give it one feat.
- AC: Dakons have a +4 natural armor bonus
- Natural Weapons: Dakons can fight with 2 claws (1d6).
- Languages: Dakons begin play speaking Common. Dakons with high
Intelligence scores can choose from the following bonus languages:
Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc.
Environment warm forest and mountains
Organization solitary, gang (2–5), crew (7–18), or band (6–60)
Dakons are very passive and docile creatures; they rarely attack except in self-defense. If forced into combat, a dakon attacks with its claws.
Dakon from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Ian McDowall.