This lithe woman wears loose-fitting robes and wields a cruel-looking blade. Her eyes are pure white orbs.
Vishkanya CR 1/2
Str 13, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 14
Skills Acrobatics +7, Bluff +7, Disguise +7, Escape Artist +9, Perception +6, Sense Motive +4, Stealth +9; Racial Modifiers +2 Escape Artist, +2 Perception, +2 Stealth
Languages, Common, Vishkanya
SQ poison use, toxic
Vishkanyas are skilled with poison and never accidentally poison themselves when using or applying poison.
A number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a vishkanya can envenom a weapon that it wields with its toxic saliva or blood (using blood requires the vishkanya to be injured when it uses this ability). Applying venom in this way is a swift action.
Vishkanyas are a race of exotic humanoids known for their guile and affinity for poisons of all kinds. A vishkanya’s flesh is made up of fine scales that from a distance of even a few feet look just like particularly smooth skin. These scales are usually a single dark color, although some of them have complex patterns like stripes or even spirals. A vishkanya’s tongue is forked like a serpent’s tongue, and its eyes lack visible pupils.
Although legends abound that the merest touch from a vishkanya can slay a mortal humanoid, these tales are patently false. A vishkanya’s skin is no more poisonous than that of any human, but it is true that their blood, spit, and other bodily fluids can be dangerous. Vishkanyas are skilled in using their own spittle or even their blood to envenom their weapons, and those who fight them should be wary of exposure to the vishkanya’s poison. A vishkanya is 6 feet tall and weighs 130 pounds.
Vishkanyas are defined by their class levels they do not possess racial Hit Dice. Vishkanyas have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Vishkanyas are graceful and elegant, but often irrational.
- Low-Light Vision: Vishkanyas can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Keen Senses: Vishkanyas receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Limber: Vishkanyas gain a +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist and Stealth checks.
- Poison Resistance: A vishkanya has a racial bonus on saves against poison equal to its Hit Dice.
- Poison Use (Ex): Vishkanyas are skilled with poison and never accidentally poison themselves when using or applying poison.
- Toxic (Ex): A number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a vishkanya can envenom a weapon that it wields with its toxic saliva or blood (using blood requires the vishkanya to be injured when it uses this ability). Applying venom in this way is a swift action.
- Weapon Familiarity: Vishkanyas are always proficient with blowguns, kukri, and shuriken.
- Languages: Vishkanyas begin play speaking Common and Vishkanya. Vishkanyas with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Aklo, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, and Undercommon.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 3, © 2011, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors Jesse Benner, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, James Jacobs, Michael Kenway, Rob McCreary, Patrick Renie, Chris Sims, F. Wesley Schneider, James L. Sutter, and Russ Taylor, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.