This creature looks like a gray-skinned stocky humanoid with coarse dark hair and dark eyes. Small upward curving tusks jut from its lower jaw.
Speed 20 ft. (30 ft. base)
Orogs prefer weapons that deal massive amounts of damage. They try to avoid subterfuge, favoring direct combat to any other tactics.
Str 16, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
For all special abilities and effects, an orog is considered an orc or ogre. For example, orogs can use special ogre or orc weapons or magic items with racially specific ogre or orc powers as if they were ogres or orcs.
Environment temperate hills and mountains
Organization solitary, pair, gang (2-4), squad (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level) or band (20-80 plus 100% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)
Orogs, also called elite orcs or greater orcs, are the much larger kin of normal orcs. They usually reach well over 6 feet tall but closely resemble normal orcs in all ways except build: orogs are much stronger and stockier. It is believed that orogs are the result of the union of a male orc and female ogre. In contrast to lesser orcs, orogs are highly disciplined and straightforward. Orogs within an orc community quickly rise to leadership positions within their clan, although in orc armies the orogs will segregate themselves into all-orog military units. Orog military units are highly organized, tactically superior, and far more dangerous than those of normal orcs. Such orog units form the vanguard of the army to which they belong. Orogs do not separate themselves into their own clans, despite their tendency to self-segregate while in an orc army. Orogs speak Orc, and those specimens that boast Intelligence scores of at least 10 also speak Common.
Orogs possess racial Hit Dice and may have class levels. Orogs have the following racial traits.
- +6 Strength, +4 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma. Orogs are powerful warriors.
- Darkvision: Orogs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: An orog begins with three levels of humanoid, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +1, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: An orog’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 3 x (2 + Int modifier).
- Racial Feats: An orog’s humanoid levels give it two feats.
- Special Qualities: Orc/Ogre blood (see above).
- Languages: Orogs begin play speaking Common and orc. Orogs with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Dwarf, Gnoll, Goblin, Terran.
Orog from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Authors Scott Greene and Erica Balsley, based on original material by Wizards of the Coast.