This small humanoid stands no more than 3 to 4-feet tall, with cropped, black hair, hidden beneath a black hat, pulled low so as to hide its facial features. It conceals the rest of its body beneath a long dark robe.
Huggermugger CR 1
Speed 30 ft.
Melee hook-blade +5 (1d4)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Str 11, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 11, Wis 13, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +0; CMD 13
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Perception +6, Sleight of Hand +11, Stealth +15; Racial Modifiers +4 Sleight of Hand, +4 Stealth
Languages chatter (see description below)
A group of three or more huggermuggers can, as a free action, create an aura of confusion. Anyone within 40 feet of the huggermuggers must succeed at a Will save (DC 12, +1 per huggermugger in the group) or be affected as by a confusion spell for 5 rounds. All huggermuggers in the group must be within 30 feet of each other to create this aura. Each huggermugger may contribute to the confusion aura once per day. A creature that makes a successful save cannot be affected by the confusion aura of any huggermuggers in that group for one day. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Huggermuggers possess innate cunning and logical ability. This makes them immune to maze spells, prevents them from ever becoming lost, and enables them to track enemies. Further, they are never caught flat-footed.
- Dex +6, Wis +2, Cha +2: Huggermugger leaders tend to be rogues or multiclass rogues (rogue/sorcerer most often). Huggermugger clerics can choose from two of the following domains: Chaos, Travel, Protection, and Trickery.
- Darkvision: huggermuggers can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Small size: huggermuggers gain a +1 bonus to AC, +1 bonus to attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits one-half those of Medium characters.
- Low-light vision: a huggermugger can see twice as far as a human under low-light conditions.
- Racial Hit Dice: A huggermugger begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
- Racial Skills: A huggermugger’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 2 x (2 + Int modifier). They gain a +4 racial bonus to Sleight of Hand, and Stealth checks.
- Racial Feats: A huggermugger’s humanoid levels give it one feat.
- AC: +1 natural armor bonus.
- Racial Weapon Proficiency: A huggermugger does not require an Exotic Weapon Proficiency to wield a hook-blade.
- Special Attacks: Confusion Aura
- Special Qualities: Natural Cunning
- Languages: Huggermuggers PCs begin play speaking their own gibberish as well as a smattering of Common provided they have an Intelligence of at least 10. Huggermuggers with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Aklo, Dark Folk, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc, and Undercommon.