Its slick skin a mottled pattern of bright colors, this agile, frog-like humanoid carries a bow and wears leather armor.
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d4+1/19–20)
Ranged dart +5 (1d3+1) or net +5 (special)
Special Attacks favored enemy (vermin +2)
Str 12, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 14
Skills Acrobatics +4, Climb +13, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Perception +5, Stealth +11 (+15 in forests or marshes), Survival +7; Racial Modifiers +4 Stealth in forests or marshes Languages Common, Grippli
SQ swamp stride, track, wild empathy
A grippli can move through difficult terrain at its normal speed while within a swamp. Magically altered terrain affects a grippli normally.
Gripplis are defined by their class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice. They have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Strength: Gripplis are nimble and alert, but spindly.
- Small: Gripplis are Small sized.
- Fast Speed: Gripplis have a base speed of 30 feet and a base climb speed of 20 feet.
- Darkvision: Gripplis can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Camouflage: +4 Stealth in marshes or forested areas.
- Swamp Stride: A grippli can move through difficult terrain at its normal speed while within a swamp. Magically altered terrain affects a grippli normally.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gripplis are proficient with nets.
- Languages: Gripplis speak Common and Grippli. Gripplis with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Boggard, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan.
Environment warm forests or marshes
Organization solitary, gang (2–5), pack (6–11), or tribe (21–30 plus 1 cleric leader of 3rd level)
Treasure NPC gear (leather armor, 4 darts, net, short sword, other treasure)
These small, intelligent, humanoid tree frogs live in primitive societies deep in the forests and marshes of the world. They hunt giant insects and eat fruits and flowers from their tree homes. They often barter with more advanced creatures for metal and gemstone ornaments.
Grippli hatchlings develop into adults in less than a year. Unless they meet a savage end from a forest threat, they can live 60 years, their skin graying and losing its luster as they age. A grippli stands just over 2 feet in height and weighs 30 pounds.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2, © 2010, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Graeme Davis, Crystal Frasier, Joshua J. Frost, Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, James Jacobs, Steve Kenson, Hal MacLean, Martin Mason, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor, and Greg A. Vaughan, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.