A towering giant stands 20 feet tall with dark, ruddy skin. His course brown hair and beard are long and wild, and he wears a thick breastplate and dozens of furs.
Speed 50 ft.
Melee +31/+26/+21/+16 greataxe (4d6+22, 19-20/x3) or +31/+26/+21/+16 greatsword (4d6+22, 17-20/x2); or 2 slams +31 (2d6+15 plus grab)
Space 15 ft.; Reach 15 ft.
Special Attacks trample (2d6+22; DC 37)
Spell-like Abilities (CL 15th):
Str 40, Dex 11, Con 25, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 14
Base Atk +18; CMB +35 (+39 bull rush, grapple, sunder); CMD 45 (49 vs. bull rush, sunder)
Feats Awesome Blow, Cleave, Critical Focus, Great Cleave, Greater Bull Rush, Greater Sunder, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (greatsword or greataxe), Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Craft [weaponsmithing]), Staggering Critical
Skills Craft (any one) +30, Craft (weaponsmithing) +36, Perception +30, Spellcraft +27
Languages Common, Giant
SQ over-sized weapon use, weapon and armor proficiency
Gear breastplate, Gargantuan greatsword or greataxe
Ferrous giants are immune to mind influencing effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
A ferrous giant that successfully grabs a foe two or more sizes smaller than itself can smash the opponent into the ground, walls, nearby trees, or other solid objects as a standard action. This deals 2d6+22 points of bludgeoning damage to the victim. In addition, the opponent must make a successful DC 37 Fortitude save or be stunned for one round. A ferrous giant can perform this action once per round as long as it maintains the grapple. The save DC is Strength-based.
Ferrous giants are automatically proficient with simple weapons, martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
The great ferrous giant stands over 20 feet tall and appears as a humanoid composed of flexible and bendable iron. Though it is often mistaken for a construct, it is in fact a very intelligent giant. A ferrous giant makes its home deep within a secluded mountain range. Its lair is often a deep cave or cavern or a gigantic castle constructed of iron and built into the face of a mountain.
Ferrous giants are generally solitary creatures rarely interacting or dealing with other races, including other giants. Though not on bad terms with other giants, they simply have no interest in dealing with them. Ferrous giants spend most of their days hunting (deer, moose, boar, elk) and foraging or crafting exquisite weapons of iron. Some particularly sociable ferrous giants (a rare occurrence to be assured) set up a trading operation with a nearby town or city, exchanging weapons for whatever might interest the giant (food, iron, money, etc.).
In melee, the ferrous giant uses its Huge iron battleaxe or longsword to bash or cleave its opponents. If disarmed, or if it is feeling particularly vile, a ferrous giant can pummel a foe with its massive fists. When fighting smaller foes, the ferrous giant often opens combat by trampling its foes or grabbing them and flinging them aside. Particularly noisome opponents are scooped up and pounded into the ground. The ferrous giant uses its heat metal ability in combat to heat the armor of its opponents and burn its foes.
Ferrous giants are extremely strong, have hardy constitutions and remain versatile all other facets. Ferrous giant shamans are usually adepts or druids. Clerics can choose two of the following domains: Earth, Fire, Knowledge, and Sun.
- +30 Strength, +15 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
- Huge: Ferrous giants are Huge and take a –2 penalty to AC, –2 penalty to attack rolls, +2 bonus to Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a –8 penalty to Stealth checks. A ferrous giant’s lifting and carrying limits quadruple those of Medium characters.
- Space 15 ft., Reach 15 ft.
- Speed: A ferrous giant’s base speed is 50 feet.
- Low-light vision: Ferrous giants can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Racial Hit Dice: A ferrous giant starts with twenty-five levels of humanoid, which provide it with 25d8 HD, a base attack bonus of +18, and base save bonuses of Fort +14, Ref +8, Will +8.
- Racial Skills: A ferrous giant’s humanoid levels give it skill ranks equal to 25 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skill are Craft (weapons), Intimidate, and Perception
- Racial Feats: A ferrous giant’s giant levels give it 12 feats.
- AC: +18 natural AC bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Ferrous giants can fight with 2 unarmed strikes that deal lethal damage (2d6+15).
- Special Attacks (see left): grab, pound, spell-like abilities, trample.
- Special Qualities (see left): Damage reduction 15/cold iron, fire immunity, ferrous mind.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Ferrous giants are automatically proficient with simple weapons, martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
- Languages: Ferrous giants begin play speaking Giant and Common. Ferrous giants with high intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Draconic, Elven, Goblin, and Orc.
Ferrous Giant from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene.