Manifesting Time 1 standard action
Range see text
Area or Target see text
Saving Throw none; Power Resistance no
Power Points 5
Channeling psionic power through an environment, you stimulate or purge plant life in one of a variety of ways.
- Clear Growth: This version of the spell causes normal vegetation within long range (400 feet + 40 feet per level) to shrink to about one-third normal size, becoming untangled and less bushy. The affected vegetation is reduced in size and potency, enabling individuals to travel at normal speeds through an otherwise-overgrown area. This version of floral alteration automatically dispels any spells or effects that enhance plants, such as entangle, wall of thorns, or another floral alteration. At your option, the area can be a 100-foot-radius circle, a 150-foot-radius semicircle, or a 200-foot-radius quarter-circle. You may also designate portions of the area that are not affected.
- Enrichment: This effect targets plants within a range of a half-mile, raising their potential productivity over the course of the next year to one-third above normal.
- Overgrowth: This effect causes normal vegetation (grasses, briars, bushes, creepers, thistles, trees, vines, and so on) within long range (400 feet + 40 feet per caster level) to become thick and overgrown. The plants entwine to form a thicket or jungle that creatures must hack or force a way through. Speed drops to 5 feet, or 10 feet for Large or larger creatures. The area must have brush and trees in it for this spell to take effect. If this spell is cast on an area that is already affected by any spell or effect that enhances plants, such as entangle or wall of thorns, any DC involved with these spells is increased by 4. This bonus is granted for 1 day after the casting of this spell. At your option, the area can be a 100-foot-radius circle, a 150-foot-radius semicircle, or a 200-foot-radius quarter circle. You may designate places within the area that are not affected.
- Stunt Growth: This version of the spell targets all normal plants within a range of 1/2 mile, reducing their potential productivity over the course of the following year to half normal.
Augment: This power can be augmented in one of the following ways:
- If you spend 6 additional power points, you may use the enrichment and overgrowth effects of this power on terrain that plant life could not normally grow on, making the area hospitable to plant life and causing the soil to become fertile in addition to causing plant growth. The terrain becomes fertile enough to grow basic crops, enough to feed 1 person/level.
- If you spend 10 additional power points, you may use the stunt growth effect to cause an area to become barren, unable to sustain any sort of plant life and slowly killing any plant life that exists upon it.
Arcforge: Technology Expanded © 2018, Legendary Games; Authors: Matt Daley, Michael Sayre.