Discipline psychokinesis; Level kineticist 7
Manifesting Time 10 minutes, see text
Range 2 miles
Area 2-mile-radius circle, centered on you; see text
Duration 4d12 hours; see text
Saving Throw see text; Power Resistance no
Power Points 13
You change the weather in the local area. It takes 10 minutes to manifest this power and an additional 10 minutes for the effects to come into play. You can call forth weather appropriate to the climate and season of the area you are in. However, the manifester cannot change this weather once it has taken effect.
- Alter temperature: The temperature becomes up to 60 degrees hotter or colder.
- Clear sky: This effect clears all clouds, weather effects, or other atmospheric phenomena from the area, leaving a clear sky above.
- Fog: Thick fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).
- Hail: Pelting hail pours down over the area, dealing 5d6 points of bludgeoning damage each round (Reflex half)
- Lightning: Once per minute, lightning strikes somewhere in the area, dealing 10d6 points of damage (Reflex half). The manifester is capable of declaring the location of a number of these strikes equal to his manifesting ability modifier.
- Rain: Rain ranging from a light drizzle to a torrential downpour pours down from above. If the rain is significant enough, it obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target). Speed is reduced by three-quarters.
- Snow: Snow or Sleet pours over the area. This effect blocks all sight (even darkvision) within it and causes the ground in the area to be icy. A creature can walk within or through the area of sleet or snow at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can’t move in that round, while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details).
- Windstorm: The winds become powerful and violent, moving as the manifester intends. This ability can be used to create up to tornado-force winds, blowing in whatever direction the manifester chooses. Depending on the location, this effect may whip sandstorms into being within the area.
Augment: This power can be augmented in the following ways:
- For every additional power point you spend, the radius increases by one mile and the duration increases by 1d12 hours
- For every 2 additional power points you spend, you may activate an additional effect with this power.
- If you spend 2 additional power points, you may call weather that would be inappropriate for the season or climate. This includes manifesting weather in an area where no atmosphere would exist.
Arcforge: Technology Expanded © 2018, Legendary Games; Authors: Matt Daley, Michael Sayre.