Display olfactory and material
Manifesting Time 1 round
Range medium (100 feet + 10 feet/level)
Effect atmosphere in a 20-foot spread, 20 feet high
Duration 1 minute/level
Saving Throw see text; Power Resistance no
Power Points cryptic 9, marksman 7, psion/wilder 9
You manifest an area of regulate atmospheric conditions, controlling pressure, air composition, and other factors inside of it. The atmosphere simulates the air makeup of a location of your choice, allowing creatures which would be comfortable in the conditions you specify to effectively breathe and speak regardless of local conditions (for example, if you manifested this power in the void of space, terrestrial creatures inside the atmosphere would be capable of breathing and speaking normally if you choose to simulate an atmosphere similar to the one on their home planet or a similar planet). This atmosphere is held together by an intangible mesh of ectoplasm and psionic energy, preventing it from being dispersed.
Alternatively, this power can be used to simulate an atmosphere with more hostile effects. If the manifester so wishes, she may apply one of the following effects to the generated atmosphere. However, depending on how the manifester specifies the composition, what may be harmful to one creature may not be problematic for another, and vice versa (for example, a methane-based atmosphere may sustain creatures from such world but harm humans).
- Acidic: The air deals 5d6 points of acid damage each round to all creatures inside (fortitude half)
- Airless: The area is deprived of a component that certain types of creatures require in order to breathe. Those inside must hold their breath, eventually suffocating if they remain inside for too long.
- Foggy: The atmosphere is full of fog, or otherwise makes it difficult to see through. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).
- Highly Flammable: The air inside the atmosphere has a high content of oxygen or other flammable gas. If an open flame comes inside the area, the atmosphere explodes and is destroyed, dealing 10d6 damage to all creatures inside the area (reflex half).
- High Pressure: The air pressure is unusually high, causing all creatures inside to have their movement speed reduced to 10 feet for so long as they remain inside.
- Low Pressure: The air is abnormally thin, resulting in creatures struggling to fight in the comparative emptiness. Creatures take a -4 penalty to their CMD and AC.
- Toxic: The air is hazardous to creatures inside the area. All entities inside must make a fortitude save each round or take 1d4 points of constitution damage (fortitude half). This is a poison effect, and creatures that do not need to breathe are unaffected by this damage.
- Unusual Temperature: The atmosphere’s temperature warms or cools to a comfortable 60 degrees. Alternatively, the atmosphere may increase or decrease the temperature inside of it by 30 degrees Other physical implications may occur as a result of this power’s effects, in which case they are subject to the will of the GM.
This power can be made permanent by use of an incarnate power whose manifester level is at least 13 at a cost of 12,500 gp worth of components.
Augment: This power can be augmented in the following ways:
- For every 2 additional power points you spend, you may cause an additional hazardous effect within the atmosphere.
- For every 2 additional power points you spend, you may alter the temperature by an additional 30 degrees in either direction
- If you spend 4 additional power points, you may choose to center the effect on a single creature. The atmosphere surrounds the creature, moving with them. The creature is allowed a fortitude save to negate this effect, in which case the atmosphere simply appears in their area.
- If you spend 2 additional power points, you may move the area of this effect up to 20 feet in any direction as a standard action
- For every 4 additional power points you spend, the area of this effect increases by 20 feet in all directions.
- For every 2 power points you spend augmenting this power (including as part of other augmentations), the save DC increases by 1.
Arcforge: Technology Expanded © 2018, Legendary Games; Authors: Matt Daley, Michael Sayre.