Display Auditory and material
Manifesting Time 1 minute
Target Object touched
Duration Concentration, up to 10 min./level (D)
Saving Throw None; Power Resistance Yes
Power Points 3
You can learn details of an inanimate object’s previous owner. Objects accumulate psychic impressions left by their previous owners, which can be read by use of this power. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular object.
1st Minute Last owner’s race.
2nd Minute Last owner’s gender.
3rd Minute Last owner’s age.
4th Minute Last owner’s alignment.
5th Minute How last owner gained and lost the object.
6th+ Minute Next-to-last owner’s race, and so on.
The power always correctly identifies the last owner of the item, and the original owner (if you keep the power active long enough).
There is a 90% chance that this power will successfully identify all other former owners in sequence, but there is a 10% chance that one former owner will be skipped and thus not identified.
This power will not identify casual users as owners. (Anyone who uses an object to attack someone or something is not thereafter considered a casual user.)
An object without any previous owners reveals no information. You can continue to run through a list of previous owners and learn details about them as long as the power’s duration lasts. If you use this power additional times on the same object, the information yielded is the same as if you were using the power on the object for the first time.
Augment For every additional power point you spend, this power’s maximum duration increases by 10 minutes.
Psionics Unleashed. Copyright 2010, Dreamscarred Press.